Some Things In order to avoid When Designing Your Web-Site
Be aware of these common risks when designing your web site:
– The home page does not quickly tell you what the Web page is all about. You should be able to visit the home page of any Web site and determine what the site is about, what type of products this sells, www.thecedarsschool.co.ukor what it is advertising within five seconds.
– The poor use of pop up windows, splashy advertising, landing pages (pages with neat animation and appear but that you’ve to watch to get five to ten secs before you are delivered to the real World wide web site), and other Web design features that bring interest from your Site, products, and/ or products.
– Poor Web site sat nav. This includes damaged hyperlinks, hidden navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take you to pages without links, links that take you to a similar Web page, and pages without links back to the home site (always incorporate a link back for the home page in order that regardless of where prospects are, they will find their particular way back home! ).
– Believing that because you may have a Web site, you may have a marketing campaign or general marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that your Web site is not really your marketing strategy. Your Web page is just a part of your overall web marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for instance , if you have a prospering restaurant yet want in promoting and market your business on the net. Creating a Web-site is great, but if it is not offered and publicized, no one will ever find it. By passing out custom business cards with your Internet site URL embossed on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign to develop your Web site. If you give you a downloadable/ good coupon through your Web site, you are effectively using your Web-site as part of your web marketing strategy to meet your goal of increased restaurant sales.
– Inability to attain Website relevance and content updating. There is nothing more dissatisfying to a Net customer than visiting an online site that is grossly out of date. Wrong pricing, goods no longer available, dated content, and historical advertising all signify towards the Web site visitor that your devotion to your Web site is suffering significantly. Cramming your pages with non-relevant material will detract the visitor via getting the stage of your Website (the five-second rule talked about earlier).
– Avoid lots of text results. Forget flashing text, reversing text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other amazing and wild effects, which in turn do nothing a lot more than annoy your webblog visitor. Typically create a “loud” Web site which contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and content spinning icons, text message, or design that guests are stressed by the effects and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of images on your Internet site so that you can not overwhelm your site visitors with “graphics overload. ” Avoid using animated GIF images on your Web site. They were cool ten years ago, in today’s specialist environment, they are just another “loud, ” troublesome distraction that site visitors typically want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a website with Microsoft FrontPage. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by the very fact that it may be used to design superb Web sites.
– Don’t incorporate frames into Web site design and style. The use of support frames within a Website will travel customers away faster than anything!
– DO incorporate the proper Web-site design components to ensure that your Web site is able to be found by simply search engines.